How To Enable And Disable Fast User Switching In Windows 10: In windows 10 you have a very cool feature and that is you can make your own account and set your desired setting on your account, multiple users can use single PC and each user can use its own account and settings. But when you want to switch the user you have to log out first and then log in with another user account it seems bit irritating but worry not you can switch user without logging out. With Fast User Switching feature, you can easily switch user in Windows 10 fast and you don’t have to log out the current user account. There are two different ways through which you can easily enable and disable fast user switching feature.
- In order to access and make changes in local group policy editor, you have run dialog box.
- Press windows button and r key and a window will appear on the screen.
- Type msc; command in the dialog box.
- Hit enter and local group policy editor will open on your screen.
- Local Computer Policy;
Open “Hide entry points for fast user switching”;
If you want to turn off Fast User Switching, select the option Enabled;
If you want to turn on Fast User Switching, select the option Disable.
- Again open dialog box by pressing window key and r key.
- This type regedit; instead of msc; command.
- Hit enter and registry editor will open on your screen.
- Try to identify the value HideFastUserSwitching and double-click on it
- Go to Value data and
- Set it to 1 if you want to disable the Fast User Switching
- Set it to 0 if you want to enable the Fast User Switching
in case you cannot find any HideFastUserSwitching in the System folder, you will have to create it:
- Right-click on the folder System
- Click on “New DWORD 32-bit value”
- Type in the name of the value you are about to create HideFastUserSwitching
- Hit the Enter key to create it
- Continue with the steps from above